Varvil’s Letter to Steve Wingfield 6-4-15
This is a copy of the letter Dawn Varvil’s lawyer send to James Wyrsch, Steve Wingfield’s lawyer. It details 10 items that need to be addressed.
1. Issue a public apology letter to Varvil, Lay and the Bentons;
2. Help to provide financial assistance for outside counseling for the victims of Milburn’s abuse (outside, meaning not from within the FCCF church – a counselor of the victim’s choice);
3. Hire Godly Response to Abuse In Christian Environments (hereinafter “G.R.A.C.E”) to review all FCCF policies regarding childhood sexual abuse, to implement changes in those policies, and to provide training employees, volunteers (as a condition to volunteer) and members (particularly minors) regarding guarding against childhood sexual abuse;
4. Hire G.R.A.C.E to give guidance and oversight to a plan to communicate with every family that had a child in the youth program during the time Milburn was with FCCF to inform the families of what has happened and what warning signs to look for in their minor or now adult children that may indicate tat they were victims;
5. Establish a network of mental health professionals to be at the ready should any other victim of childhood sexual abuse within FCCF be found;
6. Hire a victim advocate to be on staff at FCCF;
7. Remove all references to litigation regarding Dawn, Doug Lay and the Bentons from the FCCF website.
8. Reimburse attorny fees paid for defending against Wingfield’s frivolous lawsuit. For the amount paid out of Varvil’s pocket – that money should be reimbursed to her. For the rest of the money that came from donations, the money should be provided to a newly created fund for victims of Milburn’s abuse.
9. Dismissal of case number 15SL-CC01320 with prejudice.
Please let us know if Wingfield is willing to discuss the issues above case pre-litigation. If so, letus know how you would like to proceed. We would appreciate your response by June 30, 2015.